Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful experiment

So the wife and I visited an upscale restaurant last Sunday. Nice surprise-the Sunday special was a 16-ounce prime rib dinner. Such a good deal (and their food is good) we decided to each get one. Never mind neither of us could down a 16-ounce hunk of meat in one sitting. That meant about 1/2 pound of meat left for each of us.

So how to have the leftover meat without ruining it? I warped up the GrillGrates flat side and slapped the meat on directly out of the fridge. Careful flipping and constant checking with an instant read thermometer got the IT to just over 130 about the time the outside sear was looking good. Yum! Perfect. We'll do this again-apparently this dinner special is not uncommon on Sundays at this restaurant.

The only problem is that the meat looked so good tonight I totally spaced on taking pictures. I know, never happened without pictures. Next time...

I recooked many a slices of prime rib back in college. We just slathered mustard on it and broiled in that super cheap apartment oven.

Dad brings Popeye's chicken home, refrigerates it, then re-fries it.

Comment

Mmmm…ribeye steak…now I'm hungry! Nice work.

Comment

Sous vide is my new favorite way to reheat meat without overcooking it.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Yabbut Anova just came out with one under $100 and I think it's also on sale.

• Deaf Arty
          Deaf Arty commented
          Editing a comment
          Pusher! You're heartless.

• T-bone
          T-bone commented
          Editing a comment
          Deaf Arty how can you resist? Resistance is futile. The new Anova deal was too good to pass up at $69. I had to get two. One for a family member and another for us because we obviously need two SVs.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here