Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Pit Beef on a Jumbo Joe w/ a SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltimore Pit Beef on a Jumbo Joe w/ a SnS

I've been wanting to try a Baltimore Pit Beef for awhile now, so I decided to give it a try Sat. Why didn't I do this earlier? Following Meatheads recipe to the letter, it was amazing. The Secretariat sauce was a perfect match too O'Leary's Cow crust. This was a 3" Top round slow at 225 for about an hour, removed to a cold grate at IT 115 and seared on the SnS one minute a side and an additional 30 secs a side to get the sear I wanted. Thanks Meathead for this culinary delight. Lol, if it looks a bit over med rare, it is. I decided to up-grade my new son-in-law with my Smoke and Thermo Pop as a wedding gift and until I order a Maverick from ABC tomorrow that little yellow CDN is all I have. Unreliable to say the least. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170605_110951-COLLAGE.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	328961

That looks great.

Comment

• Company2BBQ
      Company2BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It was very good. Can't wait to do it again. Fortunately I have another 3 pound Top round in the freezer. But it's going to wait. Like the adage goes, "the most important tool in our toolbox is a good thermometer."

Looks great! This is one of our family's favorite and usually have it at least once a month during the warmer months when we can eat outside. FYI - don't hesitate to smoke a whole sirloin when they are on sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here