Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if this is a good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this is a good idea

Click image for larger version

Name:	1496435181485-217704126.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	327362 Bacon makes everything better Right?

I've seen filets wrapped in bacon to give them some pop due to them being so lean but that piece of beef you have pictured doesn't look like it needs any help.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree!!! But if bacon really trips your trigger more than beef, it'll be just fine.

Interesting idea, but with your cut of beef, the bacon may prevent some of the Maillard reaction on the edges and reduce the overall beef taste.

Comment

Layered bacon is a no go for me.

Comment

As long as the phrase isn't 'hold my beer while I try something' there's probably no harm.
        Last edited by JCGrill; June 2, 2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Or at least "Hey y'all, watch this"!!!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, now! Easy, fellers!!! Hittin' purty close to Home, here!
          Besides, hereabouts, it goes like :
          Hey, y'all!!! Hold my beer, an watch this!!!
          Peace, brothas!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Right you are! I was a bit uneasy about giving up the beer, though!

The bacon will be hard to do that way.

Comment

I think how well this turns out would depend on the cooking temp. If you do the reverse sear you might be OK. The other thing I've heard of is par-cooking the bacon,which allows you to get a little hotter with the steak.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here