Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Cold Grate" reverse sear with the SnS - AKA steak perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cold Grate" reverse sear with the SnS - AKA steak perfection

Man oh man. I've had my Slow 'N Sear for a little over a month now, and I've finally had the chance to cook myself a steak on it tonight, and let me tell you, it was probably the best steak I've ever cooked.

I followed the reverse sear method that David Parrish and Justin do in their video. It's similar to what I have done in the past without a SnS, but I've never tried anything like the "cold grate" method before.

What a sear! I timed it for a minute per flip, and four flips total. The inside was a perfect medium rare with no grey, and the exterior was fantastic!

Will definitely be my go-to method for steak!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18765599_225062041330846_2565951218752841146_n.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	325286Click image for larger version

Name:	18699877_225062061330844_8576372618569456211_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	325287Click image for larger version

Name:	18698356_225062071330843_6989077479071337906_n.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	325288

[licking my screen] Beautiful!

Comment

Looks delicious! Nice job!!

Comment

Well Jeepers. My new SnS has been mocking me for a few weeks as it sits on my shelf. I think I'm going to do a chuckie as my first next weekend but you sure have me thinking about a think ribeye now. 😀

Comment

That looks very tasty.

Comment

Seriously!!! I just got done eating. Now I'm about to go out and fire up my kettle and cook a nice looking steak like yours cause I'm really hungry now

Comment

I watched their video on this last night. This is just further evidence that I need to try this method ASAP. Too bad I'm not home for Memorial Day.

That thing is beautiful.

Comment

Whoa! All I could muster up verbally.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here