Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket temp

Hey everyone,

im smoking my brisket now and it's currently wrapped. When it hit 195 I started checking with my thermopen for doneness. After wrapping it back up and closing the lid I'm watching the temp and it has dropped from 195 to 185 in the last hour and half. Anyone experience this before?

I don't remember if my temp dropped, but did you add beef broth when you wrapped it? That would cause it to drop. Are you at same cook Temp? It should start coming up again. I am sure it will be delicious.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't add anything just wrapped in foil. Temp stayed the same in the pit. I think it'll be fine it's just going to take a while for the temperature to recover. Thank you for your help.

Temp probe probably in a little cooler spot... ? Could check different areas with your Thermapen to be sure but I would just leave it covered up & cook on! You'll be fine. Enjoy!

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's pretty much all I can do right now is just wait it out. I checked it and it's starting to get tender now. It was just strange because I've never seen that happen before where the internal temp went down almost 15° just by unwrapping briefly.

I guess it's good for things like this to happen from time to time because we as cooks learn from these experiences

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here