Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum Marinating Brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Marinating Brisket?

After reading Meathead's Texas Brisket novella I wonder if putting my smallish brisket in a Seal-a-meal Container with Beef Broth would infuse the brisket with the broth. Maybe sticking some skewers "parallel to the grain" to create holes for the broth to get in would help? I read that I could inject broth too, I was just thinking to get more liquid in the meat, then slathering it with oil to keep the juices in?

Anyone ever try this? Would anyone want to?
    Cheers
    Jibberish

Vacuum marination is nonsense.

Marination is not a substitution for injecting.,

Comment

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen to that!

invention, future, greg blonder,cBBQ, food science, genuineideas, toys, genes, darwin, growth of internet, venture capital, deep time

Comment

Thanks all! Larn sumpin' ever day!

Comment

Ok I admit ( I'm not a food scientist) but the skewers idea is kind of interesting? I understand that the liquid wont penetrate the meat but if there is already a hole being kept open by the wooden skewers? why wouldn't it seep in? especially if the hole has been relaxed by the vacuum? Yep that is an interesting idea.

Comment

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah some of the liquid will go into the hole but just like the surface of the meat you will have a tunnel with the broth but very little penetration. it really wouldn't affect much.

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Your Right DeusDingo I'm just always looking for something to do on my YouTube channel (that's not been done many times before) Therefore I do a lot of grasping at straws lol

Originally posted by GadjetGriller View Post
        Ok I admit ( I'm not a food scientist) but the skewers idea is kind of interesting? I understand that the liquid wont penetrate the meat but if there is already a hole being kept open by the wooden skewers? why wouldn't it seep in? especially if the hole has been relaxed by the vacuum? Yep that is an interesting idea.
        1. Why does beef need more processed beef flavor?

2. You pretty much cook all the water out cause moist brisket ain't got nothin' to do with water

3. I would interweave strips of bacon fat

Reminds me, I shopped on the edges of the store the other night where all the healthy stuff is, came home with bacon and raspberry stuffed donuts.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          About that OptiGrill... what's the sear temp like?

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Potkettleblack I have not checked?? The problem also is it has the raised and lower sections so that only half the meat is in contact with the hot metal. Makes great looking grill marks!! and the center is cooked to 135ish when it beeps for med. (its 1800Watt) I'll check next time I use it.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          The Plus claims that sear goes from 491-527. I think it's adequate, but I wouldn't want to finish sous vide product on it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here