Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close to Katz's Pastrami - Yet Another Winner from Meathead :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close to Katz's Pastrami - Yet Another Winner from Meathead :-)

Seven-days-and-change down the road, and the Pastrami is ready. And it tastes amazing. Totally worth the time, effort and fridge space to bring this to table today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 86.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	321777

Looks great. I have yet to do that but hopefully soon.

Comment

• Tongmaster
      Tongmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      You really do need to plan ahead on this - it's a full seven-day (eight, if you want to steam the Pastrami) process, so if you want to eat this on a Saturday, then the meat needs to go into the brine the Friday of the week before your target date :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

That looks very yummy. I have one going in the smoker right now. Hopefully it will turn out good too.

Comment

• Tongmaster
        Tongmaster commented
        Editing a comment
        The Force is with you :-)

Very nice looking Pastrami!

Comment

Good Job!!

Comment

Do you slice it before or after steaming?

Comment

Looks great, best recipe on the site.

Comment

That has me drooling, and I just had dinner.

Comment

Important tip - Apparently you must read the recipe at least 3 times before you see the very clear answer to your own forum question. In the words of Homer Simpson, DOH!!! I now understand that you steam first and THEN slice.

Comment

Beautiful picture!

Comment

Thanks a lot! I just had breakfast, and I am hungry again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here