Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco Prime Brisket vs Creekstone Prime Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Prime Brisket vs Creekstone Prime Brisket

$100 difference set aside is there a noticeable difference. Never ordered Creekstone so I can't make my own assessment.

I suggest taking a Costco brisket to Aaron Franklin and let him cook it side by side with his regular Creekstone primes. Then you both chow down and decide.

Comment

LMAO... Sign me up if its that's easy. I'll be more then willing to help man the pits for a night. I'll shag wood, whatever it takes.... One day the wife n I will head down there.

Comment

I've never had either. May have to order brisket online soon.

Comment

I tell you this, if they're actually $100 better, then they're some FINE eating. Costco's Prime briskets are wonderful at least in my experience. I too want to try Creekstone, I just can' bring myself to pay that.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen!

I cooked a Costco prime last weekend and it was delicious. What I noticed with "all things bbq" the brisket chef tom did from creekstone looked the same as a costco prime. May have to order one. Anyone want to go in halfers?

Comment

I sell to Creekstone, so I say, "Buy Creekstone!" But I have never been disappointed in a Costco brisket. They are fantastic.

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              What do you sell to Creekstone?

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              An Anti-Couagulant product. It keeps the blood flowing in the collection troughs and separators. Willy

What's a good price for a choice brisket? My butcher's price is more for the flat than it is for a whole packer.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I take it there are no big box stores like Costco near you? My local butcher charges about the same for packers. If you're lucky enough to have a Costco near you, and they carry them, the Primes are typically ~$3/lb. Cheaper than burger.

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              JCGrill - check Walmart. They sometimes have choice packer briskets and they were in the $4 - $5 range if memory serves me.

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually there is a Costco nearby, so it sounds like time for some research. I do like to give the local small business some love though.

Leaving "Wagyu" (and wagyu cross) out of this as that is a totally different breed of cat, a prime brisket is a prime brisket, Certified Angus Beef or whatever. The rest is advertising hype! Ain't no way there is $10 difference between Creekstone prime and Costco/Sam's prime, let alone $100. Can't blame Spinaker for selling to Creekstone as I'm sure that requires meeting a fairly high standard and results in a premium payment to him. Congrats on that! Glad for capitalism there are those on the consumer side buying it, but I'm not one of them.

Comment

• BarBQ22
              BarBQ22 commented
              Editing a comment
              HorseDoctor. To ship a 14-16 lb prime to front door step is $150.00. A 20 min drive to Costco I can get a 16lb prime brisket for $50.00.

Bought my first Costco prime packer and just finished adding the salt and pepper with a little garlic. Gonna smoke it tomorrow. It was 16.8 lbs and it's now about 12-13 lbs after I trimmed it. Should be fun🐂👍😎

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here