Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome tri-tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome tri-tip

Seasoned with SPG then smoked on the GMG at 225 until 118. Then seared on a smoking hot Weber with lump charcoal. Perfect Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170418_193738.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	306911

Nice work! The reverse sear is amazing with tri-tip!

Comment

Very nice. Another cut of beef I'm gonna have to find!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit jacmac422 👍 That's a fine looking hunk of dead cow. That's a nice tri-tip cook.

Comment

looks delicious. I just want to dip some fresh bread into all that juice.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great looking Tri Tip!! TT is becoming a Family Favorite at our house.

Comment

That's a good lookin' cook.

Comment

Good work. Have tri tip planned for this weekend.

Comment

thanks everyone, I got a 2 pack from Costco and doing the second tonight. tonight has been in a marinade for a couple of day;
                    soy sauce, honey, fresh garlic and sesame oil. I will probably cook it the same way.

Comment

That looks great! I can't get tri tip here in Sweden, would love to cook (and eat) one!

Comment

I am now very hungry.

Comment

That really does look amazing. I was introduced to tri tip last year while visiting Sacramento. Cooked over red oak with an incredible rub and absolutely NO sauce was allowed at the table. I was immediately hooked. Unfortunately finding the whole roasts up here in Canada is next to impossible.

I have managed to come across some bottom sirloin steaks (approximately 3/4" x 6"). The butcher suggests they can be grilled but I'm not all that confident in getting a good result that way.

I'm planning on turning them into kabobs by cubing them (3/4' x 3/4") and then putting them in a SV bath together with a rub, Mrs. O'Learys Cow Crust perhaps? Am I on the right track here? If so, what time/temp would you suggest. If not on the right track any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

• Thunder77
                            Thunder77 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I like the general idea you have there. I would just stick to salt and pepper myself for SV. My personal opinion. Bottom sirloin steaks can be grilled, but if you do it, I would use the afterburner method. Hot and Fast.

I got lucky and found two tri-tips at a butcher about 40-minutes away. I will cook one next week and report out. Thanks for the information on how to cook!

Comment

I did a similar cook last night, only I got caught up watching the Giants game and my IT was at 140 when I remembered to check! It still turned out really well, just not as pretty as yours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tri tip.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	307210

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here