Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you! Meatheads Beef Brisket Texas Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! Meatheads Beef Brisket Texas Style

I just wanted to say thanks to Meathead Goldwyn. I have made briskets 6 or 7 times on my Big Green Egg over the years. This weekend, I followed the directions in Meathead's Barbecue Beef Brisket Texas Style. I took many of the little tips to heart. 11 pounder that I got from a local meat shop in downtown Honolulu. Rubbed with just salt, pepper and some granulated garlic and injected with low-sodium beef stock Wednesday night. It went on the Egg at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday. 225 degrees give or take using some Oak-flavored Bradley Smoking Bisquettes (never used them before) because I wanted something more authentic than my traditional hickory/apple/cherry. I reached the stall 153 degrees at 11:30 p.m. and it started climbing around 4:30 a.m. I decided not to wrap it so it went until 2:30 p.m. when I pulled it off at 203 degrees. It went in the cooler until 6:00 when we sliced it for dinner with neighbors. Everyone loved it. Bark was exceptional and it remained very juicy thanks to the BGE! It is the closest to a Black's or Kruez that I have cooked. Added a little chunky mustard potato salad and some beans and all was good! Thanks again Meathead. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1656.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	305591

Beautiful! And welcome to the Pit

Comment

Looks delicious, nice meteor!!!!

Comment

Nice job on that, looks fantastic

Comment

Nice job! The 11 pounder, assuming that was a packer, was that pre or post trim? I ask Bc I just did MY first brisket on bge yesterday as well.

comparing size and cook times etc. I also did 225, but split my flat and point and cooked separate. After 6 hrs both were in the 168-170 range. I wrapped both, then done done about 2.5 hrs later. I posted yesterday the IT was 208 and I was livid that I way overshot. Not so. Bark was gone after the wrap but both hof and hop were super moist and tender. For my first attempt I was ecstatic.

Reason on I bring it up, I wonder why some opt to cook a packer and some opt to split, if it accelerates the cook time so much.

Welcome aboard!!

Comment

• HonoluluBBQ
            HonoluluBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it was 11.5 pre but there wasn't alot of fat to trim so it probably came to 11 or just a tad under. I have typically just done flats before but thought this time I would keep it together. Thanks much Notavegan!

Great lookin' brisket, and welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Excellent!! A thing of beauty.

Comment

Welcome, and a great looking brisket. There are tons of good recipies on the site that you will enjoy.

Comment

Brisket!!!!! Good job!

Comment

Wow. Looks perfect!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here