Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After you wrap in foil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After you wrap in foil

I'm new to smoking and have a (perhaps dumb question) but once you wrap the brisket in foil can you finish it in the oven? Seems that it will be sealed off from any outside flavoring anyway, so why waste coal or pellets when cheap heat from your oven will do the final cooking?

yes you can

Comment

Sure you can

Comment

I do it sometime if I am throwing something else on the smoker after the brisket. For instance, I may take the brisket off and place in the oven, then throw some ribs on the smoker. With any luck they will all finish up at around the same time.

Comment

You can definitely put it in the oven after wrapping

Comment

Nothing wrong with finishing in the oven, But your house will smell like a smoke house for a day or two. Not a problem at my place, but others may have a problem with it.

Comment

dtbach514 ... there's no rules in BBQ.😎 Not all of us wrap our brisket during the cooking process.

You can start a brisket cook indoors in a Sous Vide hot tub and finish the cook out in your smoker. There's a lot of ways to skin that cat.

Finishing a brisket cook indoors is more common than you might think. If I lived in a really cold climate I would only smoke outside to get the flavor I wanted and then transfer the cook indoors asap!

Comment

Yes you can, I have had to do that lots of times when I needed more room on the grill for other things to smoke

Comment

For me, it's easier than a faux cambro, so I do that unless I need the oven for something else. If you have guests coming to help eat the meat, it's great to have the house smelling like Q when they walk in. They will be ready to eat in about 0.00001 sec.

Comment

You can absolutely do this. With excellent results! Make sure to continue to monitor the internal temperature of the meat with a good digital probe. Once you hit your desired temp and have checked to make sure it's done drop the oven temp to 170 and let it sit there for a couple more hours.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses. I'm halfway through Meatheads book and can hardly put it down. My wife has already commented on the fact that every time she walks by, I'm on here.

Comment

Since your "new" you probably haven't seen this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8343.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	303158

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here