Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found some really nice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some really nice...

...filets at Costco yesterday. I bought them and dry brined them as soon as I got home. Today I bought some russets and asparagus to go with the steaks. The steaks were cooked low and slow and then reverse seared on the Weber plus SnS. They were dusted with low sodium MSS 30 min before going on the grill. These steaks turned out to be some of the best I have had, and both my wife and MIL said they were great.

The potatoes were baked using Cook's Illustrated's "Perfect Baked Potato" recipe, and they were the best baked potatoes I have had. I did use clarified butter instead of oil for the coating.

For the asparagus I made sauce of equal parts of light olive oil, butter, (you can never have too much butter... ), and chardonnay. I heated this in a pan to slightly reduce and added grated garlic - about 3 medium cloves, and cooked till the garlic was tender. I then poured it over the asparagus and baked at 450* for 10 - 12 min. My wife and MIL said it was great.

For some reason, Photoshop and ARA don't play well together when posting photos, and the colors are off for some of the photos - the last shot looks very unappetizing to me colorwise...

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1523.jpg Views:	1 Size:	644.5 KB ID:	292547

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1527.jpg Views:	1 Size:	570.9 KB ID:	292543

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1529.jpg Views:	1 Size:	616.0 KB ID:	292544

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1533.jpg Views:	1 Size:	379.2 KB ID:	292545

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1534.jpg Views:	1 Size:	363.6 KB ID:	292546
    Last edited by RonB; March 21, 2017, 06:35 PM.

Woah! Those look terrible (). PM me and I'll give you an address where you can send them for proper disposal ...

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan - I'll send them right out - hold your breath...

Looking nice! Cold grate spinning technique as illustrated by Pit Boss? Have you tried it yet?

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      scottranda - Yes I did use the technique tonight - it worked.

Them's sum fine lookin steaks!

Comment

Damn right!! Those look killer. And that garlic asparagus sounds like the perfect compliment.

Comment

Fabulous marbling!

Comment

For some reason, Photoshop and ARA don't play well together when posting photos, and the colors are off for some of the photos - the last shot looks very unappetizing to me colorwise..

Are you kidding me? Lucky I'm on a tablet cause I don't think a keyboard would be able to handle my drooling...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	filet.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	292778

A bit more like this, maybe? Yes, I did just lick my screen ...

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Bruce54 - yes that's closer. If I knew which photos would be off, I could increase the yellow channel or decrease the blue/green channel...

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here