Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do with this?

I think I got a deal at Costco, again. Should I smoke it this weekend or make pastrami?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	290680 F
    Attached Files

I can't read the tag....except for the part where it says PRIME. LOL

Comment

• LarryO47
      LarryO47 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you click on the picture you can read what it is. Brisket. Although it does say "whole"...????

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, sorry. Its a trimmed brisket

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Trimmed for 2.99 a pound that's what the packer are here in Texas. Trimmed are a buck or 2 higher you got a great deal!!

That would make great pastrami with that great marbling.

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB , I'm thinking that, but leaning on cutting it in half and smoking the point and and brining the flat end. I have to look at it unpackaged though to see the other side as well, but it looks pretty well trimmed

You could corn/cure it and use 1/2 for close to Katz pastrami and 1/2 for Sous Vide Que Pastrami for a side-by-side.

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      fuzzydaddy, nice idea.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Side-By-Side's!!!!

Maker er smoke Bobby!!!!

Comment

Great find, Pastrami would be where I would take that great looking hunk of meat! (If the have more, you should stock your freezer)

Comment

Views:	126
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	296538 Update: cut in half. Froze half. Brined other half following Meathead 's recipe. Then sous vide 36h following the sous vide que method. Applied rub and it will sit in the fridge a couple of days.

Attached Files

Comment

I need to get my butt down to Costco!!!!!!!!

Comment

We want to see the finished product. Make sure let us know how it goes!

Comment

Man, that begs to be in the smoker with any leftovers going into stew and/or chili!

Comment

She's warmin up. View from my couch.

Views:	127
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	298328

Comment

225F. Corned beef on its way to Pastramiland. 82F and sunny this afternoon.

Views:	120
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	298345Click image for larger version

Views:	123
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	298344

Comment

Like you needed to ask. You are just showin off & teasin the whole lot of us. Good work!

Comment

First time trying the sous vide Q method. Came out awesome. Probably could have smoked a little longer, but I was hungry.

Views:	125
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	298535Click image for larger version

Views:	126
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	298536Click image for larger version

Views:	122
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	298537

Comment

And what's to complain about there? Can't tell for sure but did you get the homemade sauerkraut and swiiss in there? Regardless - looks great!

Comment

• W.A.
                          W.A. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup. Not homemade kraut though. Rockin Rueben recipe

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nothing to complain about there!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here