Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef love - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef love - Need help

I finally got a packer brisket. I trimmed it and I'm making beef love for the first time. It's not melting so I can put it in an ice cube tray. I first put it in the microwave for several minutes (on ~40% power, then on high). Now, I put it on the stove on low. Not melting. What should I do different?

Keep heating on the stove until you get some love out of it.

Comment

Ok! Surprised it takes so long. Got concerned 😁 Still heating it.

Comment

The best way I have found, is to put it on a rack above a large foil or stainless pan. Bake at 300 F. This works great for me. Then when you are done simply use one of the corners to pour out the fat. Ice trays are a great thing to use.

Comment

Things I learned... it takes a longggg time to melt some fat. And not every piece of fat will melt. You'll get some, but not even close to 50% will melt. Less than that. It's in an ice cube tray now in the freezer. Hoping to step up my searing game.

Comment

I still remember the first time I melted some and was like, "that's it, all this fat and that's it?"

Comment

Beef love is easy peasy...
              1. Cut beef fat into small chunks.
              2. Preheat a stock pot to medium high heat.
              3. Melt as much fat as possible and then pour the liquified contents through a strainer into a LARGE measuring cup with a spout on it.
              4. Allow your liquified beef love to come to room temperature and then pour it into ice cube trays and put them in the feeezer.
              5. Remove your cubes of Beef Love from the ice cube trays and put them in a zip-lock freezer bag.
              6. When you're grilling a few steaks... nuke 1 cube for 3 or 4 minutes in a ramican.
              7. Use a silicone paint brush to baste your steaks with beef love before starting the reverse sear method. Then hit them again with some more beef love after blotting them down to remove any water that came to the surface during the baking process. Sear your steaks and then apply some more beef love before serving them.👍
              I've been using "Beef Love" for years... after reading Meathead's article about it. To me... the added flavor was the hook. I came up with the ice cube tray idea just to simplify everything.

Comment

• W.A.
                W.A. commented
                Editing a comment
                And you can have some beef-flavored cubes with your cocktails.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here