Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Brisket

So tonight I am trying my first brisket. I will be posting pics of everything along the way good or bad. Project "Beef goodness" begins at midnight. Wish me luck.

Good luck and I hope it is warmer where you are than NW Arkansas. We are having some sleet/snow.

Comment

• Akabiz
      Akabiz commented
      Editing a comment
      29 degrees right now. It will be about 12 degrees when I start.

Good luck. What are you cooking with?

Comment

• Akabiz
      Akabiz commented
      Editing a comment
      Horizon 20" Classic offset.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice! I like it. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Good luck dont forget its Daylights saving tonight so your brisket is gonna take an hour longer than usual

Comment

• Akabiz
      Akabiz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! True that.

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol!!

Good luck, Akabiz . Looking forward to your progress.

Comment

Well got to sleep a little and did not have to start until 3:00 am. All trimmed and seasoned ready for the pit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	415.4 KB
ID:	287658

Comment

There is just something that feels right when you are smoking in the moonlight.

Comment

6 hours in and looking good. It has shrunk a lot though. Is that normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	287729

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Like a frightened turtle!! I have cooked briskets in the Pit Barrel that were LAYING on the coals they were so long and by 5.5 hours they were shrunk up well off the coals.

Yup, that's normal. Your brisket is looking good!

Kathryn

Comment

Yes! Keep us updated

Comment

Wrapped and resting. Can't wait to see and taste the final product. Also a pick of the 3 mutts from 3 Mutts BBQ.
              Attached Files

Comment

Unless you're resting it over night, you owe us some pictures of it sliced and plated! Hurry up, I'm starving for some eye candy here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here