Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Clod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm like a dog seeing a hint object. Recently.... chuck roast??? And I see the new shiny object and chase it and get it and eat it and love it. Now I wanna get a clod.

DeusDingo point of clarification for your employer, you are watching a video on the pit, not YouTube. Tell them YouTube is just hosting the video

a big fat clod on the BGE sounds like a good lump test too. Flame boss will hold 225 or 250 like a rock and if I can keep my mitts out of there, assuming it's not a bitter cold day/night, can I do it on one load?

Comment

Thanks gents, Skip LA Pork Butt it tasted great, very beefy with two different textures:

1. About 80% of the clod produced nice sliced beef similar to brisket flat with less of a crumbly texture. It was more like conventional roast beef, just taken to 203 rather than cooked to medium rare. Still nice and flavourful and not too dry. Makes great sandwiches for sure. I think next time I'd slice this part in half to get a higher bark/smoke flavour to meat ratio as some of the interior slices were so wide that you missed bark altogether.

2. The 20% or so of the roast that is chuck comes out somewhere between a pulled chuck roast and brisket point. Nice and crumbly but still sliceable, it was outstanding.

Overal, I'd say I prefer brisket point to the clod chuck and sliced clod to sliced flat, although they are both delicious for sure.

The other advantage is cost. There was some fat to trim on the clod, but not nearly as much as with a brisket so I think edible meat/$ is significantly higher for a clod.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the detail

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here