Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Waygu Tri Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF Waygu Tri Tip

This is about the best tri tip i have ever tasted. It was from Snake River Farms. It cost about 80 bucks for 2.5lbs, so this was the treat for Christmas Dinner. It came frozen and took about 3 days to defrost. I gave it a pretty good trim, put kosher salt, wrapped it and put in the fridge about 6 hours. I then fired up my COS, added some fresh pepper, a little garlic and smoked it until the fattest part got to 100 degrees F. wrapped it again and let it rest for about an hour, while my weber kettle got extremely hot. I then seared it until temps reached 135, let it rest again sliced it and shared it. My peoples really appreciated this great cut of meat cooked really well. I would love to cook this more and make great sandwiches or tons of other things but the price point is way too high for me.

Here are some pics, hope you like the method. Reverse sear is nothing new but in my opinion it is the best way to cook tri-tips. Click image for larger version

Name:	Waygu Tri Tip.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	256826Click image for larger version

Name:	Sliced Waygu Tri Tip.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	256827

HOLY FRIJOLES at that marbling! Nice cook!

Comment

It may have been an expensive piece of meat, but you got your money's worth.

Comment

Unbelievable photo!

Comment

The marbling is exquisite. OMG. I can't even to begin to imagine the bite and taste of that!

Comment

That's some great marbling! And a great cook with that pink out to the edges!

Comment

I have to agree. I've had one from SRF and two from Double R and I pretty much turn my big nose up at everything else....except the Prime from Lobel's

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Gorgeous and ditto to everything else already said!

Comment

Absolutely stunning! Being on the East Coast, I find it difficult to get tri-tip very often. When I shop the chain grocery stores, they only have pre-seasoned stuff.

Comment

Wow that looks amazing

Comment

Sweet piece of meat!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here