Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Rib and Stuffed Turkey Dual Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Rib and Stuffed Turkey Dual Cook

Been following this site for a while now, but never posted. I have Kamado Joe and been cooking on it for about 3 years.

I have some picky eaters in the family and will be cooking both a prime rib and stuffed turkey breast for Christmas dinner. I plan to use the recipes on this site for both meats. The issue is they cook at different temperatures, turkey at 325 and prime rib at 225. My first thought was to do the prime rib first, since it takes longer and then increase the temp to do the turkey. Finally, sear the prime rib after the turkey is done.

What is the best way to hold the prime rib while the turkey is cooking without ruining it? Is this even possible? The other option is to find a middle ground on the temp and cook at the same time. But last time I did the prime rib at 225, it came out amazing.

I do turkey breast at 225 - a large one takes about 4 hours. So I think you will be good if you want to cook them simultaneously on the same vessel. Because the turkey breast is stuffed, you may have a recipe that calls for a higher temp, though.

Comment

Turkey is just fine at lower temps, just doesn't crisp the skin as well.

Comment

Welcome cwbeck

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, cwbeck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here