Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to try one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to try one...

An Arby's brisket sandwich that is. If I had to rate it from 1 to 10 I will have to rate it a 6. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0411.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	253661

Higher than I would expect...

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Gouda cheese. It doesn't belong on a brisket sandwich.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      It's cheese... my wife went inside to order the food. I had no ideal what the sandwich had on it besides the brisket.

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. I guess they have to insure the sandwich has a sufficient "slide factor". I guess I could at least try one, but I'm so upset they nixed those original angus sandwiches that I think I will boycott for a while.

For fast food they're not all that bad. I'll still opt for the beef and cheddars or the standard roast beef loaded down with their horsey sauce.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      French dip, here. Or a Classic Roast Beef. They briefly had an Angus, 3 cheese, and bacon,... a very good sandwich. They screwed up taking it off the menu. The new Angus sandwiches I'm not impressed with at all.

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot about the French dip TheCountofQ! When the coupons come out and you can get 2 for 5 bucks that's the first coupon that gets snipped.

I actually like these. A lot. I get it without the cheese and onion ring thingies, and it's pretty good for fast food.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe next time I will try it without the cheese and onion rings.

This sandwich has already been trashed in Nebraska. DOA.

Comment

I do like their BLT especially when they are 2 for $6

Comment

Had one without the onion crunchies, was pretty good for an Illinois guy who can't access brisket a lot. What i really want is to try Arby's pork belly sandwich. As a bacon lover, it definitely piqued my interest.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
          TheCountofQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried one, and only one. Now I'm not knocking Arby's as a whole, but the pork belly was VERY FATTY. It had no bacon-like flavor. It was just thick sliced, undercooked meat, with large striations of undercooked fat. They have removed it from the menu around here.

Y'all ever try Arby's fish sammich? Best kept secret in fish sammies, at least at th' one here in town. YMMV, at your locale...

Comment

• TheCountofQ
          TheCountofQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Never knew they had one.

This is how Arby's roast beef sandwiches used to look...minus the slice of cheese.

Comment

I tried one at an Arby's. OK, but nothing to write home about.

A few weeks ago, I tried one at a Jason's Deli. Not sure how many states they're in. That brisket sandwich was really good. If you'd rate the Arby's one as a 6, I'd rate that one at about 8.5

Jim

Comment

Wow. That looks like actual meat. I didn't think the did that at Arby's.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here