Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco

I've never paid attention to Costco until all of the posts mentioning prime briskets, prime rib roasts, and etc. So I took a ride yesterday to check it out. Holy crap it was like seeing a meat Nirvana at, at least reasonable prices for what you are getting. I was also impressed by the ability to purchase choice as well as prime. The country style ribs were massive and so on and so on.

The uncontrollable drool cycle instantly kicked in and I wanted it all.

Thanks to all of you for guiding me see the light of day.

I wish I had a Costco close by. I'm relegated to only having Sam's in the area.... And it is at least a 45 minute drive to any of them.

Comment

Just switched from Sams to Costco a couple of weeks and man is it a big difference! Meat selection and prices on them alone are worth the switch.

Comment

I've been a loyal Costco customer for 20 years. The Meat department has improved dramatically over the last few years. Plus they are the #1 wine retailer in America. Don't miss that department. Then also don't miss the best value in the store, on each trip, a YUGE rotisserized chickens for $4.99 each.
        You might also want to buy their all time #1 volume item, ranked by gross revenue, a hot dog and a coke for $1.50.👍

In gross revenue produced they sell more hot dogs and a coke than they do flat screen TV's and computers.🤑

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          A REAL dog and a Coke for $1.50. Best meal deal in the country!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately ours only serves Pepsi products so I haven't tried the buck and a half meal deal.

This weekend at my local costco they had prime grade strip loins for $25 off. Decided to buy one and cut up some strip steaks for grilling. Have 14 prime strips in the freezer now all at about $6.50/lb... can't buy select grade at the local grocery store for that.

Comment

BF's business partner just gave him a Costco card. We have Sam's and BJ's closer, but it's still less than 30 min away. Because of PA's laws, it probably won't have wine, but I am looking forward to checking out the meat case.

Comment

Been a Costco member for decades. A big fan of the store and how the company operates and treats its employees.

The one problem with Costco tho is that there is a lot of geographic variability on their store offerings. The Costco stores in my area NEVER have whole briskets. NEVER - just flats. I get so jealous when seeing posts from folks in various forums showing the latest full packer prime brisket they got at their Costco on sale for $3.99 a pound or something. I hate those guys.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Breadhead is correct, sort of. The corporate buying team, the regional leadership, etc all determine what will be advantageous to stock in a specific Costco. BUT the local head of the meat department can special order anything for you. And if he gets enough requests, he can stock it.

• Histrix
              Histrix commented
              Editing a comment
              ecowper says - "And if he gets enough requests, he can stock it."

There's the rub (so to speak). I asked once years ago - was told there was just not enough demand.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Histrix yep, have had the same response from my friend the Costco Meat Buyer. .... side note, wish I could get him to join the Pit.

I love CostCo!!! Great spot for meats. I routinely pay $2.89 for Prime packers. Not to mention Ribeye caps are out of this world good at Costco. And if there is a sauce store hooked to it, its a one stop shop for a party. Sorry Histrix

Comment

• Histrix
              Histrix commented
              Editing a comment
              Not only do you get packer briskets your Costco's ALSO sell liquor.

Oh suuuure...rub it in you guys.

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              We were strolling through the booze section and a manager type was telling a worker bee what they had left (about a pallet and a half) of the Kirkland Canadian whiskey wouldn't make through the weekend and probably won't be back in stock for at 30 days. This was Saturday afternoon at about 2.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              If you like bourbon, the Kirkland 7 year is a damn fine bourbon for a damn fine price. Highly recommended.

An all beef dog at that....I have to get two...one for me and one, less the bun, Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	252723 for Butch the boxer.
            He recognizes the scenery before arriving and starts the drool...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here