Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket overnight with huge outdoor temp change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket overnight with huge outdoor temp change

I was nominated to cook a brisket for a family Christmas party again. I live in Monroe, La. We had a record high temperature yesterday of 81 deg. I put the brisket on the BGE at midnight. The outdoor temp at that time was 75 deg. Grill temp was 240. Woke up at 6:00 am. I never sleep good when cooking overnight. The grill temp was 261. The meat temp was 160. I was too tired to wrap. I closed lower damper slightly. Woke up again 8:00 am and grill was at 230 and meat at 161. Outdoor temp at that time 34. Wrapped the brisket. It felt a little crusty. Hopefully just bark and not dried out. I did inject with beef broth before rub. Hoping to have this done by 2:00 pm. I have to transport 30 miles to the party that starts 4:00 pm.
    Attached Files

I forgot to say that grill temp was showing 195 on bge thermometer and 230 on BBQ guru digital. Pretty big difference.

Comment

Good cook, good gear! If your bark isn't where you like it, next time wait until closer to 180 before wrapping. If it all turns out perfect then congrats! That has to be a nice relief having the CyberQ. I agree with your statement of not sleeping well while cooking, even if I have alarms set I wake up too much to be worth it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if I am sleeping I'm really just barely SLEEPING. Some sleep zero slumber.

You should have camped out at Hodges Gardens and cooked over a live fire.

Comment

Looking good jmoss2008

Comment

Total cooktime was 14 hrs. Meat temp was 206 when I got home from church. I removed at 2:00 pm. Held in yeti. Sliced at 6:00 pm. It was still too hot to pick up. The bark turned out great and the brisket was still so juicy. Was the hit of the party. I can't thank you guys on amazingribs.com enough. Everything I have grilled has been a hit since joining this forum.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here