Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef teres major. Any ideas on how to cook these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef teres major. Any ideas on how to cook these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	250930 I just picked up a package of these (beef teres major) I saw a (CH) next to the (major) and asked the guy working in the meat department if this was chuck. He said yes. So I bought it thinking it was chuck roast to smoke up for pulled beef. I don't think that's happening with this cut. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cook these apparently tenderloin type cuts of beef??

Apparently you can cook like tenderloin.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      That's kinda what I'm reading but was looking for a low and slow to pull. Something tells me that won't work for this cut.

Just google "beef teres major" and you'll get lots of hits. Here's one from Food & Wine: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/...e-cuts-of-beef

Comment

it sounds like it is more like a tenderloin!

Comment

Since the article MBMorgan referenced described it as "ultra-lean", methods for tenderloin seem most appropriate.

Comment

Yes. Like filet minion.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn't a minion one of those yellow and blue cartoon characters. Not sure how they would be filleted. Haha. I know what you mean. It's looking like there will be no pulled beef in my future with this purchase. Oh well.

• W.A.
            W.A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B lol, i think you would have to marinate those in soy sauce and smoke them

Like this
          Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone6 385.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	250966

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great. Where did you find that?? I think Meathead would be disappointed with the amount of over cooked meat around the the perimeter though.

Ok now that I have unpacked and trimmed these little s:;$ts which I thought was a large chuck roast when I bought it. What should I do with them?? I'm am going to dry brine 3 for tomorrow,but not sure how I should season them. For the remaining little guys???? Slice thin for cheese steaks? Freeze and do the same in the future?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. And remember
          lets keep the smoke coming.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here