Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef brisket on gas grill (propane)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef brisket on gas grill (propane)

Hey there, Im attempting to smoke a brisket on my gas grill and was hoping for some tips on what the best method is? I'm hoping to get a whole packer brisket around 15lb's.

Here ya go - http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ill_setup.html

Comment

It would help if you told us about your grill - how many burners, how big the cooking surface is, etc. Also do you have a digital grill thermometer? What are you going to do to produce smoke?

Read this article first - several times and take notes.

The basic procedure is to turn on one or two burners - whatever it takes to maintain temps in the range of 225* to 275* F.
      Put some wood chips in a smoke generator of some type, or wrap chips in foil and put several holes in the top, and place over the lit burner.
      Place the brisket on the opposite side of the heat and let it go until it's done.

You may need to add a water pan to add moisture.

Comment

• SaseLee
        SaseLee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive got a 5 burner Grillpro with around 565 sq. in of cooking area, I do have a digital thermometer and was thinking of placing the applewood chunk on top of the heat shield.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you will get more smoke with chips wrapped in foil.

Welcome to the Pit SaseLee looks like you have great advice above 🙄

Comment

Welcome SaseLee! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thank you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here