Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what to do with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what to do with this?

The commissary meat cutter told me this was the meat from back ribs. Anyone heard of this before? How to cook it?
    Attached Files

I grind them for the best burgers ever! I've only ever seen them at the commissary and I've never done anything but burgers with them. They have great flavor and make about a 65/35 burger blend. I've been thinking about just doing them low and slow like ribs to see what I get. Let us know what you come up with.

Comment

Grind them. Make burgers. I bet they will be insanely good. Pork burgers are one of the most underrated grubs of all time.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be a trick, to make pork burgers out of beef rib meat...

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        oh damn, I thought it was pork when I saw back ribs. Hahaha

We know what your mind is thinking about

Comment

Sous vide at 131* until it passes pinch tender test. Shock, season, sear, serve.

Comment

Hmmmph! I always wondered what they did with the meat they were stealing off the rib bones they try to sell me. All the pre market ribs come in around here sans 90% of the meat. I buy almost every rack of market cut ribs I see without the innerbone meat stripped out. My wife's favorite on the PBC
          I would do to the meat exactly the way you make your favorite bone in back ribs, then slice and enjoy!
          It looks like about the same price as the stripped bones sell for here, so I think it is a good deal. BTW, where did you buy them?

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gator Lau, the only place that I have seen these is the local commissary at Fort Meade. I got them the last time I was there.

• Gooner-que
            Gooner-que commented
            Editing a comment
            Thunder77 that is the same place I get them.

Well, if that were pork that would be a loin, maybe even a tenderloin. But with that much fat I bet you could take that low and slow to probe tender at around 195F - 205F and get some great shredded beef for enchiladas, taquitos, etc. from it. Never seen that in the stores here. I guess I need to make friends with a local Air Farce guy at Nellis and get me one.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            If it were pork, it would be "boneless baby back rib meat". I like the sous vide & sear approach!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here