Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef navel plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef navel plate

I ran across the article linked below while looking for something else. According to the guy who wrote the article, this cut is what Katz's Deli uses for pastrami. Has anyone used this cut for pastrami? I was thinking I would use short ribs a la David Parrish , but this cut may be the way to go.

Just note in his final pics that his cure didn't fully penetrate. Might want to wet cure.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I really wasn't interested in his process - just the cut of meat. And the "beef navel" is apparently a hard cut to pin down. It's not listed in the IMPS/NAMP beef guide, and I did not find it for sale with a search.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      IIRC, Lloyd was thrilled to find a source. Much looking was involved.

Yeah, Lloyd is the man when it comes to non-pork cooking. I'd wet cure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here