Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Holding Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Holding Question

Hi All,

So I started my brisket cook last night at 10:30 pm and my brisket it at 185 at 8 am. I'm wondering how long I can hold for. Do I need to vent my wrapped brisket to avoid it turning to mush. There is a decent amount of liquid in the foil as well so should I drain that off too? I don't need to serve it until 2 pm. As always, a big thank you for your advice!

Last weekend we wrapped at 190 and cambro'd for almost four hours after hitting 203. Didn't vent it at all and it turned out really well.

The liquid can be used for burnt ends or to mix with other sauces and stocks to give them some big smokey flavour. just add it sparingly as that stuff can be really salty.

Comment

Yeah I held my brisket last weekend for 3 hours and it was my best to date. I saved my juices for adding to any left over brisket that got reheated. That and I used a good portion of it to mix with the store bought Au Jus for left over smoked brisket French dips. Best Au Jus ever....

Comment

I have held in a faux cambro as long as 6 hours with great results. You should be fine. Don't unwrap until your ready to cut and don't cut until you're ready to serve. Save the juices to dip flat in if it's dry, or for leftovers, or something delicious... Good luck & enjoy!

Comment

I've held brisket in both a 170 deg oven and in a cambro. I favor the cambro as i find when i hold in an oven it turns 'mushy'.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here