Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket probe placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket probe placement

So I know lots of folks say put the probe in the thickest part of the flat. Is this the exposed flat? Or under the point? The part under the flat should read a lower temp I would think.

Thanks

I put it right below where the point meets the flat on the top side of the brisket. Which is pretty much the thickest part of the flat without going into the point.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      same .... plus all the probe is really doing is letting me know when I'm in the stall and when the flat is above 190

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto. I use Spinaker 's placement method.

• DrCJ
      DrCJ commented
      Editing a comment
      agreed

Right. I'm noticing that the once you can stop relying on just getting it up to a certain temp and you start paying more attention to how tender it is you get better results. I still want a accurate reference point for the stall and when it's up to 190. Plus my Igrill 2 has some pretty cool graphs for the temps that let me see how things are progressing. Also lets me get a better idea of how long to expect future cooks to take.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here