Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket in the oven.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket in the oven.

I am planning on cooking my first brisket in a couple of weeks or so. I've read all the threads about cooking them here on the pit. I have a Weber Kettle and a SnS. My questions is after about 6 hours or so on the grill is there any harm finishing the brisket in the oven. Or will that get me thrown out of the pit. LOL

Thanks for your feedback

Steve

YOU'RE OUT!

J/k. No, no harm at all. I assume you mean after wrapping/crutching? If you wrap with foil then put in your home oven, you're plenty good. Once wrapped your meat couldn't care less what the heat source is.

If you aren't wrapping it and put it in your home oven, your house will smell like a BBQ joint for a couple days.

Comment

• 7x57mm
      7x57mm commented
      Editing a comment
      "your house will smell like a BBQ joint for a couple days"......heheheheeeeee....been there and done that!

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    YOU'RE OUT!

J/k. No, no harm at all. I assume you mean after wrapping/crutching? If you wrap with foil then put in your home oven, you're plenty good. Once wrapped your meat couldn't care less what the heat source is.

If you aren't wrapping it and put it in your home oven, your house will smell like a BBQ joint for a couple days.
    And that's a bad thing??

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      The smell makes me get up & eat leftovers in my sleep.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 to that Huskee

If you wrap that brisket at 180 deg F or so and put in the oven, you'll have enough coals left to cook something else , chicken, burgers, steaks, etc. I like tossing a chicken on because it's done in just over an hour (or two, depending on your kettle's temperature) and it makes great meals for the coming week along with the leftover brisket, that is.

Have fun with that cook!

Kathryn

Comment

I'm planning on doing ribs also so I need the grill for that. I thought I would have my PBC by now but a couple of concerts put a dent in my "Fun Budget". Maybe Santa will bring me a PBC this year.

Comment

By all means, finish in the oven after the stall and wrapping. At that point, you only need a good consistent heat source to get the meat up to your target IT.. After that you can just turn down the oven temp to 150 or so and hold for several hours as needed. I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks to all for the advice. And when finishing in the home oven what oven temp do you all prefer to bring the brisket upwards to the 190F to 205F finishing temps, please? Muchas gracias to to one and all.

Comment

And here, I thought somebody was pregnant!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              "Brisket in the oven" = pregnancy (Only for Pit members)

I have a Traeger and I always smoke my briskets to the stall( 160 -180 depending on the cut of meat) wrap and bag in an oven bag in my oven to 200 and then faux cambro until I need it. People rave about it! Some would say I am cheating but once you are done smoking as the above poster stated you are just bringing the IT up to temp AND you get awesome au jous for the side once you cut the corner of the bag and drain. And you save pellets or wood etc.

Comment

I run the oven at 325. Your nose knows!

Comment

I put the double wrapped brisket in a 225-250 degree oven, the same temp as the smoker that got it to that point.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here