Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some suggestions for a veal steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some suggestions for a veal steak

i have a nice looking veal steak, about 3/8" thick.

i've never cooked a veal steak. Any recommendations?

TIA

Veal is young steer as you know, and I think it is best when treated like a steak. Cook it to medium rare and get a good sear on the surface. It's too thin for reverse sear so just a good hot fire will get you there. If you have charcoal or log capacity, that would be the first choice, on a gasser, use the sear burner. S&P is all it needs. If you want, a cream sauce is great with it. I have a beauty in a chicken recipe in my book.

Comment

Thank you, Meathead ! It'll be on the Weber charcoal tonight!

At the moment, I have 3 of your books (and I know where each one is!), so my next task is to look up the sauce.

Thank you for your help!!!

Comment

You could do a riff on Vitello Pepperonata (veal with pepper sauce).
        Get a yellow, red and orange pepper.
        Cut in half or quarters - manageable sized pieces that you can maneuver on the grill and won't fall through grates.
        If you have a basket use it.
        Grill them right along with the veal.
        Cook the pepps to al dente.
        Cut in thin strips.
        Put the pepps in a bowl while hot and let them sweat their sweet vegetal love. (could even pull them early and cover in bowl and let them carry over steam)
        Good S, good P, very good evoo boom... You gotta a sauce, condiment, contorni however you want to call it.

Chef it up with parsley for color, fresh herb of your liking (thyme, rosemary), squeeze of acid (lime, red/white vinegar), capers etc.

Have a good cook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00e55015ee52883301b7c75b42fd970b-1-1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	208395
        Last edited by l'inferno; August 13, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here