Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-Bag Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-Bag Beef Tenderloin

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	206806 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	206807 Our local grocery store has this advertised on sale tomorrow. What do you think I'll find? SELECT?

Select would be my guess too.

Comment

Is there beef not USDA inspected in the US grocery stores?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        W.A., The Short Answer is NO not Legally! But the USDA Stamp doesn't have a thing to do with how the meat is taken care of
        Between Slaughter and being Retailed! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

I think the military term for that is Mystery Meat.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Try it. Tenderloin muscle is always tender & never marbled so grade really matters little.

At that price you've got to a least go look and see.

Comment

In bag suggests to me a brine or enhancement. Healthy skepticism, though ten years ago you could get a full subprimal for that price per pound of choice.

Comment

They are most likely select primals. We get these at our local store too. The one's we usually see are small, under 5 pounds, and less after trimming. Sometimes, they are No Roll where you have a mixed bag of grades. Just paw through the tenders till you find one with the best marbling. Remember, it's the cook, not the ingredients that make good food...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here