Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Finger Ribs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Finger Ribs???

Putting some St. Louis style pork ribs in the MES30 today and decided some beef ribs would be nice, too. I could only find "Beef Finger Ribs, Center Cut Bone In". What exactly are these and how should they be cooked? I'm planning on using the Memphis Dust on the pork and BBBR on the beef ribs and then smoking at 225 and planning on about 5 or 6 hours. Sound right?

SlushDeezey, I am not Familiar with that Cut of Beef Ribs? I think it's another Marketing Name for Short Ribs but without a Pic? Have you Dry Brined Your Ribs? I learned what I know about Dry Brining Here, and I am convinced that What Dr. Blonder and Others Say About It is Correct! Other than Rub Preference I wouldn't know a Better Way to Do It! 👍👍👍👍👍
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

They are a beef back rib. They will cook similar to pork ribs. Make sure you peel them.

Comment

I just posted some pics of beef finger ribs in the show us what your cooking thread. They are a much less meaty cut of rib than short ribs, which are the bottom. They can be in sections of typically 7 ribs. They ate very tasty and if you can peel off the membrane good if not eat around it. I used BBBR on mine. Very tasty.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. They are dry brining since last night and will go on the smoker around 12 or 1. Glad to know about peeling them because I sure wasn't going to. Thanks again for the heads up.

Comment

• SoonerBQuer
            SoonerBQuer commented
            Editing a comment
            Some a very difficult to peel, particularly short ribs. So don't worry if you door get them peeled. All good either way! Fyi, my finger ribs cooked for 5hrs till tender. Roughly 220 on my grill dome

You ain't kidding about them being hard to peel. Man I thought I was fighting with the cow to get the ribs back! I've got a problem now. Been smoking them at 225 since 12:45 and suddenly my Maverick has jumped up to 280 at the grate probe! I turned the smoker down to 200 and it still is climbing. At 284 now, HHHEEEELLLPP!!

Comment

That high a temp won't hurt the ribs at all. Pull them when they're done... No problem.

Comment

That high temp will actually help render some of that fat.

Comment

The problem is that it was set to 225 and the variance in temp that I have measured is 21 degrees on average so there is no way it should have been that hot in there. I pulled them and they were still good but now I have another thing to watch when I'm using my MES.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here