Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to store chuckies for a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to store chuckies for a week?

I just got back from Costco where I bought a two pack of chuckies - went through them all and picked the ones with the best marbling. I thought the 4th was this coming week, (happens a lot now that I'm retired), but it's still another week away.
    So how do I store the chuckies for another week? Do I dry brine and freeze or freeze and dry brine? Any other suggestions?
    BTW - they are in a standard styrofoam tray and covered with very thin plastic film.
    Last edited by RonB; June 25, 2016, 08:22 AM.

You can apply the salt and rub then vacuum seal place in freezer. When you get ready to cook them just go straight from freezer to cooker.

Comment

I keep my refer at right around 34 degrees and here are my thoughts. Take them out and season with whatever you like then double wrap the tightly in plastic wrap. then either freeze or leave in the refer. I've never had a problem with leaving them in the refer like this. Good eats!

Comment

Or just leave them in the cryo bags for a week (wet aging ). If the "use by" or "freeze by" date is close, pop them in a freezer for a few days then get them out to thaw. You'll be fine. BTW: Since retiring a year ago, I can relate to loosing track of what day it is.... Ain't it great!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here