Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best quality steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best quality steaks

So this Father's Day I told me dad I'm taking care of dinner. Only problem is the steaks around here are really not that good, I mean they'll do but for fathers I figured I'd go all out. So I'm asking what's the best quality steaks (filets) you can get online and where? I've found some from Kansas City steaks the American style Kobe for around 200. Just wondering if it can be beat or if that's where I should order? Let me know everyone I appreciate the help in advanced.

American Wagyu and USDA Prime Beef and Kurobuta Pork. Buy Filet Mignon, Ribeye, Sirloin, NY Strip and Dry-Aged Steaks Online. Flat-Rate Shipping To Your Door.

Comment

Look at this AmazingRibs page and see the tan bar titled Snake River Farms Wagyu Beef And Berkshire Pork With Free Shipping. Hope this is helpful and let us know what you get!

Comment

SRF is having a Fathers Day sale on steaks right now, no code required.

Comment

Wow.... I just looked at SRF. That looks incredible. Costco also carries prime. I will admit I have never bought meat from Costco exept for short plate.

Comment

Snake River Farms is very good quality although they have a tendency to ship on the small side of their stated weight range. I've also used Allen Brothers and Lone Mountain both with great results.

Just remember, you don't have to buy Wagyu or any of the Kobe variations to make a great steak. Some of the best steak I've ever had was graded no higher than USDA Choice and it can be bought just about anywhere. To a large degree it's more the preparation and cooking than the cut of meat.

Comment

I have been buying filet's at Costco for at least 15 years along with the occasional ribeye when I can afford it and they are always great. Most of the time all they have is the choice when it come to filet's but I bought some 6 ounce filet's from SNF and I have to tell you they are not as good as the Costco steaks. I don't know if freezing them for shipping has something to do with it but for my money I will stick with the ones that I pick up at my local Costco which are fresh and do not look as though they have been frozen.

Comment

I'm with vandy re: Costco. I've had nothing but great luck with both their beef and pork.

Comment

Yea I was a little iffy with the fact that they freeze em, I like my steaks fresh. Maybe I'll just go with the local stores again. They have always been decent I was just hoping for something a littl better ya know. I guess I have a couple days to go before I make a decision.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When you thaw & cook SRF's beef you can't tell it was frozen. I share your same preference for fresh and non-interest in frozen, but they do it right.

Costco is absolutely the best value for USDA Prime beef!!!👍

Comment

I gotta put in a word for John Mull's Meats. They have an online store. I got a few prime rib-eyes from them (I live about a mile away) a couple of months ago and was not disappointed. I often use them for butts, ribs, etc.. You should call and get current pricing, I'm not sure how often the website prices are updated.

Welcome, we are the famous BBQ and Meat Market – John Mull’s Meats & Road Kill Grill in Las Vegas, Nevada featured on the Food Network, Diners, Drive-ins,

Comment

• vandy
                      vandy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wish we had a meat market around here like that, the last really good meat market we had here closed down a couple of years ago and the others that are around here sell low quality meat so it is hard to find good meat here. Costco is about the best here.

When I feel like splurging, I go online to www.lobels.com and get some ribeyes. They dry age their beef, which I prefer to wet ageing, and they do not freeze it. Maybe I couldn't tell the difference, but just knowing the steak has never been frozen makes me like it better. They have prime and American Wagyu; I have always been satisfies with the prime. They ship overnight via FedEx in a Styrofoam box with ice packs, and I have never had an issue with them. Yup, it is expensive, but the results have always brought oohs and aahs from my guests.

Comment

I went to the local Whole Foods Market in Memphis today looking for some of the Black Swan BBQ sauce (which they did not have) and I broused around some and when I got back to the meat department I looked in the display case and saw some of the best looking meat that I have ever seen. Has anyone else had any experience with the Whole Foods Markets as far as their meat goes? When I can I will probably try some of their meat just because of the way it looks, it all looked like prime but there were not tags saying what grade is was. They also had some St Louis style ribs that looked out of this world good, made my mouth water just looking at them, and some ribeyes that were simply beautiful.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                        Jon Solberg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dude. Buy some and let us know. Ask them what it is maybe.

• vandy
                        vandy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am definetly going to try them out, especially those ribeyes and when I do I will ask them what grade it is and let you know how they turn out. I am not that great at the photos but I will try to post some pics of what I get.

• LangInGibsonia
                        LangInGibsonia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whole Foods tries to source their meat as locally as possible so it may not have a USDA grade.

vandy ...

Trust me... Whole Foods is way, way, way overpriced!!!

USDA Prime beef at Costco is half the price of the same cut of meat at Whole Foods. Yes... They have a pretty display case of beef.😋

Remember this... Only 2% of the beef sold in America is USDA Prime grade. Most grocery stores can not buy USDA Prime grade beef because they fight restaurants for the limited supply.

Shop price and don't be ripped off by a pretty display.😎

Comment

• vandy
                        vandy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just thought their meat looked better that anything I have bought at Costco and quite honestly my Costco sells mostly choice beef but they do have a small amount of prime that is crazy expensive.

• vandy
                        vandy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        forgot to mention they had a posted price of 17.99 per pound on those beautiful ribeyes. I just checked Costco online and they run around 19 bucks per pound for certified grass fed beef ribeyes, that is for 14 12 oz ribeyes.

Originally posted by Breadhead View Post
                      Costco is absolutely the best value for USDA Prime beef!!!👍

^+1 makes me want to do a Costco run today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here