Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argentinian Flanken Cut Short Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentinian Flanken Cut Short Ribs

My wife and I got home from being out of town much earlier than anticipated yesterday. Since we had to go to the grocery anyways I decided to grill something quick instead of order out. I was thinking skirt steak but the meat sections were picked over. Nothing looked good. After 3 grocery stores I finally saw some Flanken cut beef short ribs at Wal Mart. I'd been reading up on them on Serious Eats and thought they looked good enoug to try. They were certainly well marbled, if not as widely cut as some of the better cuts I've seen online. Worth a shot though as everything else looked blah.

Wow. They were fantastic. Just kosher salt an hour or so before (all I had time for) and a bit of pepper beforehand, then straight on the grill with some lump in the slow n sear. Served with some chimichurri sauce and a salad. Next time I think I'll oil the short ribs before they go on since they didn't brown like I thought they would. A helluva meal for $10.

And now another cut o' beef to add to the growing list of meats I need to cook. Looks very tasty tugboat

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here