Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Holding Temp For Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlushDeezey
    Former Member
    • Apr 2016
    • Texas

Holding Temp For Brisket

So I got up this morning and only ONE row of my AMNPS had burned over night. Looks like some of the brisket fat dripped onto the tray but not sure it was enough to cause it to burn out but ANYWHO I lit the other end and tossed it back in there even though I'm not expecting ANY smoke flavor to be added after 10 hours in the cooker. Internal is locked at 174 so I'm stuck in the stall right now I guess. I'm expecting it to come out in the next hour or so and plan on taking it to 203 at the thickest part of the point. When that happens I'm going to pull it, foil it, and stick it in my faux cambro. Question is this.....how long can it hold in the cambro before being served? Should I pull it out after 2-3 hours and put it in an oven? Dinner's at 5 tonight (or thereabouts) and I want to keep it as close to fresh off the pit as I can.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis