Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candied Beef Bacon from the PBC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candied Beef Bacon from the PBC...

Well, that's what I call it anyways. It's my take on Hawaiian sticky ribs and they've become so popular in my neighborhood that I can't seem to make them enough to keep people happy. I marinate them overnight with what you see there in the first pic and the next afternoon I skewer them for volume, hang across the top of the rebar (so I can fit a ton and still hang whatever I want) and let them go for 45 min to 1 hour. Flat out awesome as snack-a-cue or a main course. I lean more to the snack side because even with all those going I still had room below for 2 racks of ribs and 2 large pork loins. The PBC, I named mine The Hobo Can, is flat out amazing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	marinade.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	165987Click image for larger version

Name:	candied beef.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	165988Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	165989

Awww dang, now you went and made me hungry again!

Comment

Nuke, They Look absolutely GREEAAATTTT! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks! I was so glad that, a few months ago, our local Sam's started carrying the shortrib already kalbi cut. The first time I saw them the light turned on and brought back the memory of all the times I ate them when I lived in Hawaii. After that, it was game on. Had to experiment with the marinade but it's locked in now. Only adjustments are for heat factor. Let me know if you want the specs for the marinade. I'm telling you, try them if they're available in your area or you have a saw that can cut them, because they'll change your life. At a minimum, they'll become a mainstay on your menu for the little time they take...

Comment

Please post the marinade specs.

Comment

1 cup soy sauce
            12 oz can non-concentrate pineapple juice
            half cup or so of honey
            half cup or so of molasses
            1 bunch of green onion cut up
            1/4 cup sirracha or other hot sauce, more or less to your liking
            lots of garlic
            couple dashes of worcestersire sauce

mix all together and let marinate overnight or for at least 6 hours

Comment

BBQ'd_Nuke, just to be clear, these are kalbi cut beef short ribs?

Comment

• BBQ'd_Nuke
                BBQ'd_Nuke commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here