Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket

Did my second brisket today and thought it was much better (juicy) than the first. Bought a choice point at Costco and cut it in half -- didn't want to do leftovers with too much meat. Anyway, salted, injected, and rubbed it (Big Bad Beef rub with cocoa powder added) the day before, and started it at midnight-ish. I set the Rec Tec to 210 and let it run all night. When the meat hit 160, it stalled, so I wrapped and let it go to 203 @225 degrees. After a total of 16 hours, it came out and was cambro'd (is that a word?) for three hours. Came out juicy and flavorful. Combined with some mashers and veggies and some California cab and zin, it was a memorable meal.

The point of this post is really just to say thanks to Meathead and this great community. I love the fact that the experienced and knowledgeable share their expertise with those of us just starting out. So...thanks.

Here's my pic...

Hell, we all learn something new about our rig, the meat, or how much we don't know every time we cook something. What makes it worthwhile is we don't give a damn that others are going to laugh at us when we share our mistakes. They laugh because they know they will be next to do something stupid and tell the rest of us about it.

Comment

That is a great looking piece of meat!

Comment

ecully, boftx, First that is some Damned Fine Looking Brisket ecully! Second @boftz, If we quit learning they can put us in a box, and if we don't laugh at our selves we have quit learning! Ergo, The Box! May We Laugh Forever!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Never mind the box, just put me in my smoker and either bury me or serve me up at the wake after everyone is drunk.

Looks real god to me.

Comment

That's a great looking brisket.

Comment

Well done sir!

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	162551

Comment

Oh YEAH!!!!!

Comment

Man, that looks like something to aim for. Nice going!!

Comment

ecully Now THAT ... is what we strive for! Well done sir!

Comment

Looks like some mighty good eaten to me!!!

Comment

Well done... That's a pretty piece of brisket.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for the words of encouragement. It's still fun to learn new stuff, even if I tell my wife I know everything...

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If... You continue to supply your wife with guuud eats like that she won't limit your BBQ toy budget.😎

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here