Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Wagyu Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF Wagyu Brisket

Cooked up a 20 lb SRF Wagyu Brisket this weekend for the girlfriend's 30th birthday- you know she's a keeper when she asks for brisket for dinner!

Trimmed down a good amount of fat, injected with a reduced beef broth with worcestershire sauce and some liquid smoke. For rub, I used Harry Soo's SYD beef rub and added a little extra black pepper. Smoked for about 14 hours with Apple, Hickory, Pecan, and Cherry, wrapped in butcher paper and finished to 203 with a 2 hour rest. Fantastic! Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	159223 Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	159231 Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	159225 Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	159224 Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	159227 Click image for larger version

Name:	image6.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	159226 Click image for larger version

Name:	image7.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	159228 Click image for larger version

Name:	image9.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	159229 Click image for larger version

Name:	image10.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	159230
    Attached Files

Beautiful hunk o' meat!

Comment

smokinfatties Wow, great bark formation on that sucker. Sounds like it went well! Looks fantastic. Great Pictures brother. I love it!!

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir! Went very well! The bark took quite a bit longer to set because of all the fat but well worth the wait!

That looks awesome! I'm trying to get up the courage to spring for one of these. Was it worth it and what did you cook it on?

Comment

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Cooked in on 18.5WSM. I got it from a buddy who works for a distributor so it was only $7.99/lb. At that price it isnt bad but I would prefer a prime rib roast. At retail, I compare it to a costco prime which is about 1/4 the cost and the SRF is not 4x as good in my opinion.

• Cheef
      Cheef commented
      Editing a comment
      smokinfatties that is the reason I love this site. The info you just posted on cost vs value (taste) is enlightening to say the least. Now I'm going to put aside my dreams of Wagyu for a while and satisfy myself with Costco.

Great looking cook smokinfatties . Looks perfect!

Comment

smokinfatties, Beautiful Que! I think I understand why your Girlfriend likes you when you can BBQ like that! 👍👍😇👍👍
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

That thing looked good enough to eat with just the rub on it.

Comment

Fantastic! Just fantastic!

Comment

Hmmm... If you spent $160 and hours of work on her birthday dinner... She must be a special woman.👍

Great cook! You did that hunk of meat justice.👌

Comment

OMG! That looks great...

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!!

Comment

You've got me craving some brisket now. Beautiful. Well done!

Comment

Well done! Great bark! Looks like a good eat!!

Comment

Proper!

Comment

Awesome cook! I need to learn not to look at these pictures on an empty stomach.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here