Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Chuck Chilli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Chuck Chilli

So awhile back on here I read a pulled pork chilli recipe posted by LifebyC which looked amazing (mods not sure if I can hot-link to this site so please remove if I am breaking any rules): https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sriracha-chili

I ended up giving that recipe a whirl (did not photograph) and it turned out great. So naturally I got to thinking that I should try it with a chuck roast. Eventually I got around to it. I basically followed LifebyC 's recipe, except that I used a chuck instead of pulled pork (was smaller - about 3-4 lbs) and some ground beef as well. I also rubbed the chuck down with sriracha to add some spice and act as a glue for the rub. For the rub I liberally covered the meet with Holy Cow by Meat Church. Took the roast to about 201 internal before it was the right tenderness. It developed a nice bark and was moist inside and tasted really good. I almost felt bad putting it in a chilli at first! For smoke wood I used hickory chucks (was smoking a pork picnic at the same time) and I cooked indirect at 225-ish with a drip pan underneath. Cook time for the meat was about 14 hours. After the chuck was done, I wrapped it and put it in a cooler for a bit and then otherwise followed the recipe above. Then I pulled the beef, browned a bit of ground beef, and added it to the chilli. Turned out great!

The chuck is on the right side of the KJ in the picture.

I apologize but I didn't take a pic of the chilli itself.

Awesome. Going to have to give this a try too.

Comment

Super cool, man. Love it when we "feed" off each others' ideas !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        Awesome. Going to have to give this a try too.

No doubt. Like ASAP.

Comment

Oh yeah - have to try that! I made the pork version and it was great too.

Comment

I haven't made the sriacha version, but IMHO there's nothing better than chili made with pulled chuck.

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto that.

Any leftover BBQ, no matter what the meat, has about a 75% chance of going into chili or stew at my house. The other 25% being mainly sammies and sometimes enchiladas, etc. I'll usually make extra just so I can have some chili a couple of days later after having sammies on the day after.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here