Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another BBQ meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another BBQ meatloaf

Well, I smoked these under some beef short ribs and they turned out really good. Fed the guys at work and they went nuts over it. As for the beef short ribs, well I need to start another thread and try to explain what could have happened. Too dry and too salty. Jim
    Attached Files

Man Jim, those loafs look good!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Man Jim, those loafs look good!

What he said!

Comment

Thanks Jon and David. They were fun to do. Still can't believe the reactions from work. They said it was the best meatloaf they ever had- so that was fun to hear. I made them sandwiches on a toasted wheat bun, lettuce and a fresh tomato from my garden. Threw the slices on the George foreman slipped a coat of webers spicy bbq sauce on em and they disappeared LOL. Jim

Comment

Looks amazing, beef, pork, other?

Comment

bread crumbs, saltines, Ritz crackers?

Comment

Sorry guys, I should have left some detail. All beef, this is Ray Lampe's recipe from his Dr. BBQ Big time barbecue cook book - minus the jalapeño because of the wife. Bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper the usual suspects. It was kind of breezy that day so my temp moved around a bit but it was basically 225 for 3 hours. I'm thinking some of the drippings from the beef short ribs above helped these out too. Jim

Comment

Thanks, 3DJ! That was one of the first BBQ books I bought. I'll have to look that recipe up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here