Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left over brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left over brisket

What is the best way, if possible, to reheat a large unsliced portion of a brisket without drying it out.

When you get an answer please share it. I am going to cook a 17 pound packer in 4 weeks and I will definitely have some leftover.

Comment

Is it vacuum sealed? If so, dump it in cooler with hot water.
      Wrap in foil and put it back on the smoker or oven. Unwrap last few minutes to tighten bark.

Comment

• airforcekixbutt
        airforcekixbutt commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest, I just wrapped it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge.

I have had success using some of the original juices from when it was smoked. That seems to at least keep it from becoming too much like roast beef. If you don't have much of that juice, use some beef broth and some of the rub you used to season it when you smoked it. Good luck!

Comment

keep it in the foil, heat it in a 350 F oven for a few hours until the internal temps hits 165F. Then unwrap and enjoy!!

Comment

Steam it! I steam my slices and they come out like new. What I read for big hunks O meat is to steam to internal 203 and it will be like it just came off the smoker. dont know I've only ever steamed the slices i took off the big hunk. (heats much faster and I'm usually hungry so dont want to wait)

Comment

Another vote for wrapping in foil and heating in oven and/or on grill till warm.

Comment

I also wrap in foil to reheat but I also pour a little beef broth in with lt

Comment

Dido DWCowles - works great

Comment

Thank you for all the answers!!

Comment

Sometimes I think Re-heated brisket is better than right out of the cambro. Same with pulled pork.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here