Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastrami by Osmosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastrami by Osmosis

Bingo! Started the desalination process Tuesday night, tossed on the rub Friday morning, fired up the Weber 26 with SnS last night @ 9:30 and ... Bingo!!! Better than bacon this morning!
    Attached Files

Whoops!!! A little wine might have been involved. Please disregard the cork.

Comment

Tasty! Well done!

Comment

That stuff is soooooooooo good.

Comment

Whoa, wine for breakfast? Just kidding, Craigar. My goodness, that pastrami looks good. You hooked me with all that marbling. Beautiful.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; March 20, 2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't know the half of it. I stopped with the wine at about 3:30 or so and started with Wifey's homemade Irish cream at her direction. Who am I to argue? 😎

Looks good! How was the salt level for you?

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny you should mention it...it needed salt! Ha!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Craigar I thought that several-day desalination sounded wayyy too long which is why I asked.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I went 3 days just because life kept getting in the way. Next time I will cut it back to 24-36 hours on the desalination process.

Hope you have leftovers... Great as a pizza topping and chop some up and add to an omlette😋

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            I will have to remember that the next time. It was gone before the internal temp hit 170.

Craigar, Don't know what I can add to what the others have said! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Looks wonderful!

As for the cork, ya gotta keep the cook soused, errr, sauced!

Comment

It makes great SOS, too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here