Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribeye.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	149114 yesterday I did some ribeye slow & tried the reverse sear for the first time, cooked at 200 till they got to 112 then put them on the charcoal side for about 3 min. per side just like it says on this site, had to be the best stake I have ever fixed. Sure glad I found this website it has helped me a lot.
    Ok some one ask for pictures so I did another Ribeye today, it lasted long enough to have is picture taken just barely. The stake was really too thin for this only 1 1/4" I always have mine cut at 2" but these were on sale (I'm cheep when I can be)
    Last edited by Darchie03; March 18, 2016, 05:04 PM.

Congratulations on the cook.

Comment

Darchie03 ...

Congrats on finding the light on grilling a steak properly. Mastering the reverse sear is a MAJOR game changer for any backyard Pit Master. Your friends and family ought to thank Meathead for educating you.👌

Comment

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures ?

Comment

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          No pictures it didn't last long enough yum yum

• Darchie03
          Darchie03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok did another & it managed to get its picture taken

• jharner
          jharner commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that looks pretty damn edible !!

Here's a strip I cooked the other night, however it was not reverse seared.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          MObbqJLH, I would eat at Your Table if invited! 👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Darchie03, I agree with You, and the others Reverse Searing is a game changer! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Once you go Reverse Sear.....you'll never go back. It is the ultimate way to cook any steak or chop.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Aye, aye Sir!

With the knowledge of the reverse sear method and a Thermapen you can turn ANY backyard steak burner into a Master Chef instantaneous.😏

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true statement my friend. The Thermapen is the X-Factor. Breadhead

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen brother!

Originally posted by Darchie03 View Post
          yesterday I did some ribeye slow & tried the reverse sear for the first time, cooked at 200 till they got to 112 then put them on the charcoal side for about 3 min. per side just like it says on this site, had to be the best stake I have ever fixed. Sure glad I found this website it has helped me a lot.
          Now try Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburger using the same reverse sear method. That... Is hamburger heaven!!!

Comment

• Darchie03
            Darchie03 commented
            Editing a comment
            I plan on doing that soon

We do reverse searing at the restaurant as a matter of course now. We just roast a whole NY strip till we get to about 100, then slice and sear(in many ways) to order. In fact, we did this last weekend with a creole style rub and marinade injection. We served the meat with a whiskey black pepper demi-glace. Along with the steak, we stuffed fresh Alaska rockfish with crab and lobster stuffing, wrapped it in prosciutto, baked in the 600 degree pizza oven, then topped with creole hollandaise. We sold a lot, and the guests really dug it. As we also serve prime rib, we reverse sear the prime in many ways per the guests request. We hardly even think about it anymore, as it's so common now to do this.
          Last edited by Strat50; March 18, 2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here