Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Foil Boat Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Foil Boat Questions

I decided on a whim to do a foil boat for today’s packer brisket, and I assume I remove it from the boat prior to the rest. Should I pour the drippings over it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3272.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1484644
    Last edited by Sid P; September 21, 2023, 12:46 PM. Reason: Added pic.

I dunno, I'm in the foil hat club myself. I wrap brisket in paper.

Comment

I leave mine in the boat til it cools to 150 then pour the juices over your slices prior to serve.

Comment

I just wrapped foil over the boat. Make sure and fold the edges of the boat OUT.

Comment

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          I made my boat by folding the edged in. What’s the difference?

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          It makes you a little handle to pick it up with…..

You can make a nice pan sauce with those juices. Put the juices in a pan, add onions and sauté, add some garlic if you like, add any spices you like including salt if needed. Add some beef broth or stock, add a little apple cider vinegar, reduce a while, add some store bought Bbq sauce or anything you like. Reduce some more, thicken if necessary. Viola...an awesome homemade sauce for your brisket.

Comment

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I’ll try to remember that for next time.

I leave it in the boat for the duration. And rolling the edges out instead of in makes sure you don't have folds and creases that the juice can migrate through, plus it makes for very handy handles to pick up the cut with. I do like Jerod, cover the cut loosely in foil, in the boat, while resting. I've had cuts re-absorb a lot of the juices that are present when it comes off the heat during the rest, to excellent effect.

Comment

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Dave. This is pretty much what I did, and it worked great.

I tried the boat once and wasn't impressed. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know. I like using my stainless pan with a foil top, easy to handle and it works for me.

Comment

Um....YES. Always save them drippin's. I always pour them over the meat.

People love it, the meat needs it and the BBQ gods expect it!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            What he said

Good looking Brisket!

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.

You have to say, "Ooops," when pouring the juices on the brisket.

Comment

Can one just use a large pre-made foil roasting pan instead of the foil boat?

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              That is an A-Frim

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here