Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Turntable Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Turntable Method

It was 62 degrees in Pittsburgh today. That has nothing to do with this post but I'm so excited about it I had to say something.

Anyway, I had these 1" ribeyes and decided to try the turntable method. As I've learned here, everything can taste as good or better than a 5 star joint if you do it right. I gotta say, it worked great! I probably could have done without the last two rotations but the wife & daughter were happy. The pic makes the steaks look much darker than they were on Side A.

If these pics are too big, sorry, using an iPhone and posting from the attachment icon. If too big I'll go back to the camera icon.

Used olive oil for the Beef Love. Charbroil gas grill.
    Attached Files

Congrats on the temp (has nothing to do with what I am about to type but had to mention it) and some fine looking beef steaks.

Comment

Nice cook. What was the internal temp of those steaks when you pulled them off the grill?

Comment

I don't have an instant read, but a regular meat thermometer, it was approaching 145 so by the time they made it to the knife and fork they were medium. I should have done two or three less rotations (1:30 less) I was looking for the crust before I flipped them over. The pic makes them look much more charred for some reason.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          You might want to buy yourself a good instant read thermometer. You can get them for $25 to $100. They make a world of difference. Most of us on here use the thermapen.

These are sweeeeeeet for the price. Both work well and used in our kitchen daily.

Got one like this for the wife in pink.

This was my first

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          They all work really good. Some are just a little faster than the others. $29 gets the job done just fine.

• Hominskyj_pgh
          Hominskyj_pgh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks to both you and Breadhead. I'll check them out and likely buy.

I don't recall hearing the term "turntable method" - what is it? Those steaks sure look gooood!

Comment

• Hominskyj_pgh
          Hominskyj_pgh commented
          Editing a comment
          It's what Meathead calls the method to cook thin steaks (1" or thinner). I had not tried it before. It's in the site. The side A side B analogy is almost as good as the method. You basically rotate/not flip the steak every 30 sec on 1 side. Then flip.
          Last edited by Hominskyj_pgh; February 21, 2016, 01:04 PM.

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha

Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here