Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corned beef sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corned beef sale

I’ve just returned from Walmart. Their corned beef is on sale and this year there’s some beautiful points in the cooler. I picked out 4 large points and my total bill was $53.00. That is not bad for as much pastrami as that will make.

This is a great time of year for corned beef! I also picked up quite a few points.

Comment

As much as I hate going to Walmart, I may have to see if I can find some of these. Thanks for idea, I can normally only find flats around here.

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya. Last year it was nothing but flats at every store. This year, points are all over the place. In fact, I’ve seen more points than flats in the stores.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        No dice on the points. I didn't even see flats when I went the other day. But they had a ton of bone-in turkey breasts for $1.88/lb, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Regarding my question in another thread…. Would these be considered “good quality corned beef”?

I bought two corned points today, (@ half price), that have 60% less sodium. I'm guessing that they should be OK to season and smoke as is, but wonder if anyone has tried them? I'm guessing that I should just slice off a small piece and then cook and taste.
      Last edited by SheilaAnn; March 24, 2023, 05:15 PM. Reason: Added link to thread

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn These have always given me excellent pastrami, but they are also the ones I don’t desalinate. I know that is as clear as mud. They make very good pastrami with one less step.

I just scored 4 pieces of corned beef points at Aldi for $2.99 a pound. I got about 13 lbs total.

They also had flats. I may go back and get a couple of them, since hubby doesn't like fatty meats and I'm afraid he might turn his nose up at pastrami points, depending how fatty they end up being after they're smoked.

I had checked earlier at our local grocery store and they only had corned beef flats for $8.99/lb.

Aldi is in the next town over, but the savings are worth the drive.

Walmart, Publix, and Harris Teeter were totally out of all corned beef.

Kathryn

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Great price. How much were the flats? Going tomorrow.

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB They both were 4.99. In fact they were all in the same bunker. Points piled on the left, flats on the right.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB , the flats at Aldi were the same price as the points, $2.99 a pound.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here