Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Brisket Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Brisket Sandwich

Being new to this smoking gig, I have a lot to learn. My wife
    recently asked me if I could make pulled brisket or brisket sandwiches.

Not knowing much yet I thought I would ask if anyone has a good recipe?

Thank you!

kendec65, Welcome to The Pit! Having Owned My Wife Eunice for Nearly 43 Years Now This Is The Perfect Time to Tell your Wife of Coarse You Could If You Only Had ???? For Equipment! Seriously If this will be your first attempt I might suggest Pork Butt for the First Attempt, it's a bit more forgiving Than Beef Brisket but not much! The Brisket should have the Fat Cap Trimmed off and the Point and the Flat Sepparated! You will need a good rub or A Dry Brine(Kosher Salt) for 20-48 hrs followed by a rub! Just before putting on your Smoker rub the Meat with Olive Oil! On the Smoker Dampered Down to about 225*-250* F, over a drip pan and with a water pan, Wood Chips or Chunks for the first 2-3 hrs! Check the Recipe and Technique Section On this Site! Also check out AdrenalineBBQ.Com. For The Same! They manufacture the S 'n S for the Weber Kettle Grills, their President David Parrish is the Pit Boss of The Amazing Ribs Pit Club!
    One Definate Requirement for Smoking either Brisket or Butt is a good dual probe Digital Thermometer like the Maverick ET 732 or 733,
    Good Smoking! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; February 4, 2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Do your brisket like this and serve on sangers: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/texas_brisket.html

I like either sauerkraut or pickles, and one of MH's SC mustard sauce, Dijon mustard or horseradish on brisket sandwiches:
      In Mid-South Carolina, from Columbia to Charleston on the coast, BBQ sauce is yellow. HereÍs a quick and easy recipe for classic South Carolina mustard sauce. For those who are only familiar with traditional red BBQ sauces, yellow mustard sauce can be jarring at first -- at least until that first flavorful bite.

Comment

kendec65 Smoking a chuck roast is way easier than smoking a brisket. If you take it to 207-208 internal, it will pull like "buttah". You won't even need forks, it just pulls apart with your fingers. It's a smoky, juicy bit o' beef heaven.

Here is a topic started by David Parrish that discusses smoking a chuck roast. Although it starts with a post using the Pit Barrel Cooker, the info is good for any smoker:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-barrel-cooker

Here is another excellent topic on making pulled beef started by Huskee

Here's a pic of a 3.2lb "petite roast" I cooked in the EXACT style of a pork butt. Only change was I used Big Bad Beef Rub since it's beef. Otherwise

And welcome to the Pit!

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; February 4, 2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Can someone explain to this poor lost soul what the heck a sanger is? Weird slang for sammich?

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            Australian for sandwich

1. Trim all fat down to 1/8-1/4 on the back of the flat. Take as much as you can off the thickest part of the point (part of the point extends under the flat). I also trim out some of the fat between the two muscles if it is really thick.

2. Dry brine 24-48 hours.

3. Apply Big Bad Beef Rub while the pit is heating up.

4. Cook fat cap up until that dude is as dark as dark can get. Then flip to make sure the top of the flat is dark. If not, let it ride until it gets plenty dark, not just a browning of the surface, dark-black.

5. Wrap in foil or butcher paper when she is plenty dark all over. I'll put a little water in foil to prevent sticking.

6. Take to super probe tender in the thickest part of the flat, or 205 internal, whichever comes first.

7. Give it a good WARM rest for 2-3 hours.

8. Separate the muscles if you haven't already.

9. Slice each across the grain.

10. Combine lean and fatty pieces and chop up with a cleaver or big knife.

11. Quit calling it "pulled" and call it "chopped."

Comment

Thank you all for the great information!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here