Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket, Corned Beef, Pastrami, oh my.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to take this big cut and “part” it out. Corn the point. Smoke the flat. Smoke the corned for pastrami.

(Getting so nervous that I can do AR proud)

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh …. And the flat, I will smoke for brisket sandwiches. Or whatever.

• Starsky
      Starsky commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, you know......if you like that sort of thing (:

Will chill in fridge a day or two uncovered. Has already been cured and desalinated
    Attached Files

Comment

Rubbed with pastrami seasoning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4558C2F4-1501-4C51-8F29-C33127708D83.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1396211

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks better than socks on a rooster!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        And you know good socks on a rooster look! 🐓

If you buy a store bought corned beef point and desalinate it pretty thouroghly , can you then smoke it like a normal brisket cut? or are some other steps needed? I would like to try a brisket but don't want to buy a full packer and point cuts are hard to find on their own!

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        It will still be corned beef, only smoked. Once the meat has been cured you can't take it back to fresh

• RolfTaylor
        RolfTaylor commented
        Editing a comment
        You are 100% correct. There are numerous posts on the subject. If you post "Lazy Man's Pastrami" you will find my recipe.

Dewesq55 - you are correct that you cannot uncure meat. However Pastrami is brined before smoking, so the approach is sound.

And here we go!

at the stall

Name:	5F340E53-71C8-4C5F-9473-24D77925F940.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1396998

sliced after the steam.

Name:	E73E4802-E64E-4B45-8D35-594E497F35B8.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1396999

horrible plated picture, slaw and a pickle

Name:	4DBFBDD1-F50E-4728-895C-715B032A4755.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1397000

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here