Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advise

I have a 7lb Brisket that I am going to cook on my Traeger Junior. But since it just my wife and I....could I cut the brisket in half...cook one half and save the other half for another cook....vacuum pack the uncooked half and cook at another time....am I going to get into trouble if I do this?

I would portion out. Dry brine both portions. Apply rub to both. Vacuum seal and freeze one, cook the other.

When it is go time, go straight from the freezer and add 1.5-2 hours to the cook time.

Comment

I would not cut it in half before cooking, Cook whole freeze leftovers if there are any. remember 40% loss when cooking.

Comment

I would also cook it whole. The smaller you get the drier it gets.

Comment

I totally agree. Cook it whole and freeze the leftovers. Thaw and reheat low and slow when ready to eat. I do it all the time. Maybe not quite as good reheated but still very good! Don't forget Chili with Brisket.

Comment

I agree with cooking the whole brisket. I cooked ( smoked ) a 13lb brisket a month ago, the wife and I had a great meal that night and the rest was vacuum sealed and frozen ( 4 qt bags ). It is now all gone and was great thawed and reheated. Some can say that it is not as good as eaten fresh out of the Faux Cambro but it is still damn good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here