Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Full Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveinLFP
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • In a bit of moist and mossy Pacific Northwest called Lake Forest Park

Full Circle

A couple of years ago I was searching "Da Google" for a way to make some home made corned beef when I discovered the incredible "Amazingribs.com"... This ignited a fascination with this fabulous reference to meat mecca.

Today, in preparation for some birthday celebration Reubens with French Onion soup, I find myself back at the beginning!

Meathead's Pickling spices, good brisket from Double DD Meats (tip jar = boob job fund...) brined for a week, simmered as advised, chilled and sliced (with some trimmings for hash!) ready to make into "Rockin' Reuben Sandwiches" - local artisan marbled rye bread, swiss, homemade Russian dressing and sauerkraut marinated in mayo...

Two days worth of beef bone stock in the pressure cooker (hint: Make the second batch of stock with freshly roasted bones, oxtails, shortribs & aromatics - WITH THE FIRST BATCH OF STOCK INSTEAD OF WATER!) and Spanish onions slowly caramelized for about 3 hours...

THANK YOU MEATHEAD! You have opened up a whole new chapter in my gustatorial existence!

l'chaim to you all!
  • Jerod Broussard
    • Jun 2014
    • East Texas
    • Pit Barrel Cooker "Texas Brisket Edition"
      Weber One Touch Premium Copper 22" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear for 22" Kettle
      Weber One Touch Premium Black 26" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear XL for 26" Kettle (gift)
      Weber Smokey Joe Gold
      Weber Rapid Fire Chimney
      Vortex
      Maverick ET-732 White
      Maverick ET-732 Copper
      2- Auber SYL-1615 fan systems(Awesome!!!!!!!!)
      Thermoworks Thermapen w/ Back light (gift)
      Thermoworks Timestick
      Cambro Model 300MPC110 w/ Winco SS Pans
      B & B and Kingsford Charcoal
      B & B Pellets

Coolness. I have some brisket corning right now.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      In Memoriam
      • Dec 2014
      • 1410 9th. St. N, Fargo ND

SteveinLFP, With Pastrami like that you Don't Need a Boob Job? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• _John_
        Former Member
        • Jul 2014

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
        See more
        See less
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}